Has anyone else noticed all the tasty grain and vegetable bowl restaurants popping up everywhere? After stopping into two different shops I noticed they have a few things in common: tasty grain/vegetable bowls, and really high prices! The concept is very simple and easy to recreate at home for a much lower price.
Grain Bowl Blueprint:
- Add about 1/3 cup of whole grains to the bottom of your grain bowl. Try quinoa or brown rice, or skip the grains completely and add lettuce, spinach, or kale.
- Pile on your favorite veggies. Use vegetables that are in season.
*Remember, part of the appeal of grain bowls are their colorful appearance, so don’t be afraid to pile on those vegetables!
- Sprinkle in some protein. Try lentils or a lean meat like fish or chicken.
- Top your grain bowl with a tasty sauce and enjoy!
Try this recipe for a Spicy Sriracha Peanut sauce from thekitchn.com.
- ½ cup of peanut butter (low sodium)
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- ¼ cup of rice vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons of sriracha
You may also enjoy:
Don’t miss another great blog: Subscribe Now