This simple salad is creamy, crunchy, and packed with flavor. Kale gives this salad hearty bulk while the arugula provides a light peppery flavor to the background. Farro, an ancient grain with a slightly nutty and chewy texture, provides the salad with a contrast of texture and filling whole grains. Creamy feta and crunchy almonds round out the salad to perfection. Top with a simple, homemade Citrus Salad Dressing to bring all the flavors together.
Tip: Cook the farro to yield about 2 cups cooked. This is about 3/4 cups dry farro. Try cooking the farro using the pasta method. Rinse uncooked farro and add to a large pot. Add water to cover the farro plus about 3 or 4 inches. This is more water than the faro will absorb. Cook for about 45 to 55 minutes, or until tender. Then drain as you would pasta.
Serving size: 1/8 of recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
- 2 cups cooked farro
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 box (5 ounces) arugula
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
Citrus Salad Dressing
- 3 lemons, juiced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook farro according to package directions to yield 2 cups of cooked grain.
- Once cooked, chill farro.
- Wash and remove ribs from kale.
- Chiffonade kale into small strips.
- Combine the farro, kale, and arugula.
- Dress with Citrus Salad Dressing.
- Top with almonds and feta.
Nutrition Information per Serving
You might also enjoy: