Last year, we released a list of resources for free at-home workouts and meditation apps. We have updated the information to reflect current information and added a few additional resources.
There is a silver lining to our new normal! As we are all staying safe at home these days with less commitments and social engagements, we have more time to be active! We also have more time to be focused or re-focus on the things that are really important to us like taking care of our health by getting physical activity and practicing mindfulness. There are a variety of ways to be active at home, from simple strength training exercises to online workout videos. Check out these free resources for at-home exercises and apps for how to practice mindfulness.
FREE Online Workouts:
- Yoga for seniors
- Chair yoga
- Silver sneakers on-demand classes (you have to check your eligibility using your Insurance ID Card)
- Free Yoga, HIIT, Barre, and 7-minute classes (until January 1st, 2022 for Healthcare Professionals and Students (K-12 and College) & Teachers)
- Step-by-Step Instructions and videos for performing at home exercises
- Fitness Blender 37-minute cardio workout
- Beginning dance classes for weight loss
- Pilates anytime (15-day free trial)
- At home Barre classes (15-day free trial)
- Strength, Balance, and Flexibility Exercises for Older Adults from the National Institute of Aging
- Yoga for all ages
- Peloton App (Free for 30 days, and you don’t need a bike as they have running, walking, cardio, and dance workouts too!)
- FitOn App (Extensive library of free workouts)
Online Meditation Apps:
- Calm App
- Insight Meditation
- Balance (Free year subscription if you download in 2021)
- Mindfulness.com Meditation App
Blog updated on September 17th, 2021.
Have you been diagnosed with prediabetes or concerned that you are at risk for developing type 2 diabetes? We are here to support you now. See our upcoming class offerings for our online CDC-recognized diabetes prevention program now!
You may also enjoy:
Don’t miss another great blog: Subscribe Now