During the winter months I tend to lose interest in going to the gym. I don’t want to de-ice my windshield at 5am for an early morning workout and in the evenings I’m either busy with other activities or I just want to be home and out of traffic. This is always the perfect time for me to pick up at-home workouts.
Just because the weather outside is frightful does not mean you can’t be active. Every week I think of a simple workout plan that I can do in virtually any space at my house. Some at-home exercises can use simple equipment pieces, or you can do exercises that only use your own body weight. Try a quick workout at home and be intentional about staying active this winter.
Equipment to exercise at home:
- Resistance band – You can use tube bands with handles, loop bands, mini bands, therapy bands, and/or figure 8 bands.
- Yoga mat – You can get a great workout doing yoga and it is an easy one to do at home.
- Dumbbell weights – I only use 5lb and 10lb weights at home and save the heavier stuff for the gym.
- Exercise ball – This is great for crunches or any other core exercise you may decide to do.
My favorite full-body workout that requires NO equipment is:
- 1 minute of jumping jacks
- 3 sets of 30-second planks
- 3 sets of 12 squats
- 3 sets of 12 lunges
- 3 sets of 12 leg lifts
- 3 sets of 12 tricep dips
You may also enjoy:
Don’t miss another great blog: Subscribe Now