Podcasts are all the rage these days, offering content in nearly as many genres as TV does.
I am a huge fan of podcasts. They are a great way to keep your mind engaged and learn something new. I am a podcast multitasker – I listen while I exercise, go for walks, clean my house, and cook dinner. I even sometimes put on a podcast while I get ready in the morning.
If you are looking to start listening to podcasts, or are in need of a fresh recommendation, here are a few popular podcasts that will make you laugh or teach you something new. It all depends on what you like.
- Life Kit – A series of “How-to’s” and “Need to Know”’s from NPR, Life Kit is the advice you need but do not want to find on Google.
- Science Vs. – This podcast dives into hot topics and popular opinion to figure out what is a misconception and what is backed by science. Think MythBusters, but for your ears.
- Know it All – This podcast is produced by Netflix and offers tiny tidbits of info that you did not even realize you wanted to know.
- Conan O’Brien Needs a Friend – Late-night host Conan O’Brien virtually hangs out with all your favorite celebrities in this hilarious talk-show type podcast.
- Office Ladies – The Office co-stars Jenna Fischer and Angela Kinsey are best friends in real life and have come together to talk about all things The Office from an insider perspective.
- Revisionist History – Hosted by author Malcolm Gladwell, this podcast revisits parts of the past that have been misunderstood, misinterpreted, or overlooked and examine them with fresh eyes.
- Modern Love – Celebrities and personalities read essays submitted by readers to the New York Times column of the same name that tells true stories of what love really looks like in a modern world.
- Imagined Life – This podcast walks you through the life experiences of an anonymous famous person that shaped them before they found fame, and only at the end do you find out who it is you have been learning about.
Food and Nutrition
- Milk Street Radio – Host Christopher Kimball travels the world learning about food, cooking, and culture and shares his experiences with listeners.
- RD Real Talk – Registered Dietitians talk about weight-stigma, health, and intuitive eating in a relatable and digestible way.
- First Take – First Take is a sports newscast for your ears, where anchors debate the day’s top news stories across the world of sports.
- Pardon the Interruption – If you miss hearing people argue over sports in your living room (or if you miss being one of those people), this podcast brings fast-paced sports news discussions straight to you no matter where you are or who you are with.
You Might Also Enjoy:
Don’t miss another great blog: Subscribe Now