If you have been diagnosed with prediabetes or are at risk for developing type 2 diabetes, this program is for you. You CAN prevent type 2 diabetes. Eat Smart, Move More, Prevent Diabetes can help!
Eat Smart, Move More, Prevent Diabetes is a CDC recognized diabetes prevention program and is based upon proven strategies to achieve and maintain a healthy weight. Key concepts include planning, tracking, and living mindfully to prevent diabetes. The program is delivered in a real-time, online format so you see and hear your instructor in a live session. The format of the class allows you to interact with your instructor and classmates. You’ll be able to work through challenges together as a group and celebrate each other’s successes.
During the 12-month ONLINE program you will:
A 12-Month Program that Motivates and Inspires
- Convenient lunchtime and evening classes
- One-on-one support outside of class through My Progress Portal
- Full color magazines at the beginning of Phase I and Phase II
- Recipes, tips, and resources to support the healthy lifestyle choices you are making!
During the registration process you will be asked several questions.
Were you diagnosed with gestational diabetes?
If you were diagnosed with gestational diabetes, you automatically qualify for this program
Do you know your A1c?
If you know your A1c score, you will be asked to enter it during registration; however, you do not have to know your A1c to register.
Members of the North Carolina State Health Plan
Please have your Insurance card with Subscriber ID information with you during registration. State Health Plan members who qualify include the following:
- Active employees and their dependents over 18
- Non-Medicare retirees and their dependents over 18
- Retirees who have the State Health Plan as their primary insurance (the Traditional 70/30 plan)
- Members enrolled in the Medicare Advantage Plans (Humana, United Health Care) are NOT eligible for the State Health Plan discount.